Come August I’ll be making my first move within New York. I’ll be moving about a five minute drive away from my current digs, but it’s a drastic change in other ways. Unlike my current place, this apartment will have natural light, closet space, and of course laundry in unit. My girlfriend has spent lots of time on planning the layout of the living space, which will include a bar cart that she found this past weekend, it used to be an outdoor patio serving cart. While I’m pumped for the new space as much as she is and how it will look, this bar cart has me thinking what my ideal bar cart would consist of. It wasn’t too hard of a list to think of.
1) Jack Daniel’s has somehow become my drink of choice, on rocks, with cola, or mixed with a bunch of stuff, it always seems right.
2) Bulleit Bourbon always goes over well for a birthday present for my guy friends (and probably most of my girl friends too). Yet somehow I’ve never bought it for myself.
3) Blanton’s is normally out of the price range, but ever since sipping on some after a big birthday dinner with Mackenzie, I’ve been drooling for more.
4) Mount Gay is quite popular up in my hometown. I think it’s their nautical hats they sell, but Mount Gay and I have a bit of history between us. It was my first liquor to get drunk off of…at the age of three. True story.
5) Sixpoint has been a drinking staple since moving to Brooklyn. It’s on taps everywhere, and now even easier to get with their new nano kegs.
6) Ketel One is generally my pick of vodkas. Normally not a Vodka guy, but have recently been getting back into it. I’ve always been a Ketel One supporter since my early 21 days (and earlier) thanks to my college roommate Allison. Ketel One and Tonic, I can hear her voice now.
7) Espolon Tequila might not make it on to the cart, but it’s the front runner for tequilas. We don’t really get along, and have never actually tried Espolon, but I’ve heard great things, and the packaging rules.